Saturday, June 3, 2017 (original May 20 date canceled due to weather)
8 a.m. - 11 a.m.
528 Main St., Longmont
The LDDA holds its annual Downtown Longmont Clean & Green event in support of the city-wide Clean Up Green Up campaign which runs every April.
We make an impact with a variety of deep-cleaning and landscaping projects that go beyond the regular maintenance performed Downtown. Breakfast and t-shirts are provided for all volunteers! We ask that volunteers be able to handle physical activity including bending, lifting, twisting, etc.
Volunteers also have a chance to win a gardening wheelbarrow, compliments of Ace Hardware!
How to Register
Please sign up using our online volunteer application.
Download our flyer with application and submit by email, fax or mail in.
If you have any questions, please call Del Rae Heiser at 303-651-8586 or email. We look forward to working with you!
THANK YOU 2017 SPONSORS
2015 Clean & Green Volunteers
Photos courtesy of Debbie Adams
View 2015 Clean & Green photo gallery
- Volunteer Crew Leaders provided by Gears
- Andrew, Austin, Collin, Danny, Matt, Max, and Oomar along with their guests Kai, Zoe, Stacie, Marci and Benjamin
- Eagles Nest at Longmont Estates Elementary School
- Karen, Kathleen, Kristel, Hayes, Rylen, Chris, Erin, Chace, Lauri, Tiffany, Bridget, Kelly, Jocelyn, Dorian, Donald and Amanda
- Giggling Gaggle Red Hats
- Joyce, Donna, Joanne, Susanne and Lori
- Girl Scout Troops 73913 and 74447
- Kara, Jeff, Lisa, Amy, Emma, Mikayla, Lara, Kate, Maddy, Shana, Luke, Macy and Elisia
- Home Depot
- Cheryl, Misty, Becca, Willis, Sadi and Troy
- Heather, Kim, Victor, Chantalle, Kevin and Corey
- Litter Loathers
- Karen, Ariel, Abby and Kate
- Longmont Social Meetup Group
- Kendra, Cheryl, Rebecca, Keith, Kathy, Maureen, David, Alex and Teresa
- Montage Academy Student Council
- Maggie, Cassidy, Josianne and Jaime
- Security Service Federal Credit Union
- Donnie, Elizabeth, Bruce, Donna, Laura and Mike
- Twin Peaks Rotary Club
- Shawn Lewis, Dennis Gordon, Mike McDonough, Dietra Porter, Kirsten and Logan Pellicer, Carlo Giordano, Bill Chella, Gretchen and Amanda Dixon, Wendi Nafziger and Frank and Brittany Oliver
- Village Place Spruce Up Gang
- Bill, Camilla, Barbara, Janet, Ron, John and Betty
- VolkBell Team
- Cindy, Kathleen, Clair, Tina, Alex, Logan, Amy and Andy
- Keith and Lacy Bearden
- Diana Brooks
- John Coe
- Brydon Cooke and La Rissa Felt
- Lili Goad
- Alan Hancock
- Jongli Jaing & Lanzhong Wang
- Aislin Jeske
- Cheryl Johnson
- Steve, Amy, and Ian Lane
- Sarah Levison (Longmont City Council)
- Matt, Elizabeth, and Callie Meyers
- Shao Min
- Mauda, Harlow and Nessa Moran
- Nancy Rezac - Visit Longmont
- Doug Ward
136 volunteers provided 550 hours of service to help us clean up the following areas.
- Main St.
- 7 public parking lots
- 6 Breezeways and 6 alleyways
- St. Stephen's and 6th Ave. Plazas
- Kimbark, Coffman and Terry Streets
- The Village Place Homes
- Overall, over 15 downtown blocks received a little extra TLC
- installing 25 new plants and mulch at St. Stephen's Plaza at 5th Ave. and Main St. (previously home to overgrown/dying juniper bushes)
- filling over 130 trash bags and two trailers with curb/gutter leaves
- laying new mulch in most of the east side parking lot landscaping areas emptying three trailers and one dump truck
- cleaning up debris, leaves, weeds and trash
- cleaning shared trash enclosures on east side alleys
- picking up 100s of cigarette butts
- cleaning benches, trash cans, kiosks, tables, bike racks, magazine bins, and chairs on Main St.
- sweeping the three new east alleys
- sweeping up debris at crosswalks and curb/gutters
2014 Clean & Green Photos by Debbie Adams
2013 Clean & Green video from the Times-Call
History of Clean and Green
The LDDA along with support from the City of Longmont Public Works and Natural Resources Department select downtown areas for clean-up including breezeways, alleys, around buildings, and other structures downtown. Additionally, the LDDA reviews a Creative District Report provided by Arts Longmont. The report was generated by the Placemaking Committee and included a “wish list” of areas around downtown that could use extra care to look vibrant and beautiful again.
For more information about this event, call Del Rae Heiser at 303-651-8586 or email email@example.com.