Volunteer With Us!
Volunteering is a great way to get involved in your community. Many volunteer opportunities exist with the Longmont Downtown Development Authority (LDDA) and other downtown organizations throughout the year. Whether you want to be involved in the heart of a special event, help collect data, or clean-up downtown, the LDDA could use your assistance. We appreciate your interest in helping us make Downtown Longmont a vibrant, fun, clean and safe place to be.
Please use our new convenient online volunteer application. If you have any questions, please call Deborah Whitcomb, Volunteer Coordinator, at 303-547-2914 or email. We look forward to working with you!
NEW Volunteer Incentive Program
We initiated a new Volunteer Incentive Program this year. Our goal is to build a volunteer community and provide incentives for the volunteers that make a difference in our district. Any individuals or groups that want to volunteer downtown or with the Arts & Entertainment District partners are welcome! View the brochure for all program details.
Here's how you participate:
- Complete the online volunteer application.
- Sign up to volunteer for the Longmont Downtown Development Authority (LDDA) or one of our Arts & Entertainment District partners. The web site will have all the opportunities and contacts listed. Monthly we will sendan e-mail update.
- The Volunteer contact will turn in the amount of hours you volunteered.
- LDDA will track your volunteer hours.
We hope to always have fun things pop up for volunteers! Here are some other things:
- A volunteer lanyard and credential when you volunteer
- Attend Annual Volunteer Thank You Party
The volunteer incentives include:
|More than 10 hours||T-shirt|
|25 hours||Downtown bag|
|50 hours||$20 Downtown Longmont gift card|
|75 hours||Downtown Longmont sweatshirt or hoodie|
Quarterly, there will be a prize pack drawing for anyone who volunteers during that time
Assist office staff with special tasks including news clippings, mailings, and other projects as needed.
Event planning and implementation
Help put events into action! Work with artists, local businesses, arts organizations and staff members to implement the details of each exciting event.
- Clean and Green Event – April 27
- Downtown Concert Series – June 7, 14, 21, 28, July 5 and 26
- Second Fridays & Saturdays – Feb. 8, April 12, June 14, Aug. 9, Oct. 11, Dec. 13
- Festival on Main – August 23
- Farmers Market – June - September
- Halloween Drink or Treat – October 25
- Holiday Tree Lighting – November 29
Public relations, marketing, social media, and outreach
Work to get the word out to everyone and anyone – posting to calendars and social media sites, gain more friends and followers, delivering collateral pieces, working with neighborhood organizations and organizing small gatherings in the A & E District.
- Update web site calendar
- Content/blog writer
- Post to social media
- Outreach to neighborhood groups
- Street team – drop off collateral to businesses and organizations
Downtown Historical Committee
Work on making Downtown Longmont / A & E District a national historic district, giving property owners more resources to preserve and protect their buildings and the unique heritage of our community.
Help to preserve and promote Longmont’s social history through events, publications and outreach to keep our authenticity alive for present and future generations.
Fund raising and grant writing
As the A & E District gets its non-profit status, work with various Committees to identify and pursue grant opportunities and plan an annual gala event.
Help the LDDA make downtown beautiful. Assist the Downtown Maintenance team with planting flower pots in the spring and maintaining them through the summer. Volunteer must have experience with plants or have a horticulture background and be able to commit from May - October.
Other opportunities exist with these Downtown Art Partners.
- Longmont Council for the Arts
- Longmont Theatre Company
- Visit Longmont
- Firehouse Art Center
- Longmont Symphony Orchestra
- Art in Public Places