Volunteer With Us!
Volunteering is a great way to get involved in your community. Many volunteer opportunities exist with the Longmont Downtown Development Authority (LDDA) and other downtown organizations throughout the year. Whether you want to be involved in the heart of a special event, help collect data, or clean-up downtown, the LDDA could use your assistance. We appreciate your interest in helping us make Downtown Longmont a vibrant, fun, clean and safe place to be.
Help put events into action! Work with artists, local businesses, arts organizations and staff members to implement the details of each exciting event.
- Clean and Green – April 18 (8:30am-12:30pm)
- Downtown Concert Series – June 5, 12, 19, 26, July 24 (6-9pm)
- Festival on Main – August 28 (6-10pm)
- Farmers' Market – June - September (4-8pm)
- Holiday Tree Lighting – November 27 (7-8pm)
- ArtWalk - Saturdays, May 16, July 18, September 19 (4-8pm)
Assist office staff with special tasks including news clippings, mailings, and other projects as needed.
Marketing and Outreach
Work to get the word out to everyone and anyone – posting to calendars and social media sites, gain more friends and followers, delivering collateral pieces, working with neighborhood organizations and organizing small gatherings in the A & E District.
- Content/blog writer
- Outreach to neighborhood groups
- Street team – drop off collateral to businesses and organizations
Fund Raising and Grant Writing
As the A & E District gets its non-profit status, work with various Committees to identify and pursue grant opportunities and plan an annual gala event.
Help the LDDA make downtown beautiful. Assist the Downtown Maintenance team with planting flower pots in the spring and maintaining them through the summer. Volunteer must have experience with plants or have a horticulture background and be able to commit from May - October.
Other opportunities exist with these Downtown Art Partners.
- Arts Longmont
- Longmont Theatre Company
- Visit Longmont
- Firehouse Art Center
- Longmont Symphony Orchestra
- Art in Public Places