Saturday, April 18th, 2015
8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
528 Main St., Longmont
THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS!
The LDDA held its annual Downtown Longmont Clean & Green event on Saturday, April 18th as part of the city-wide Clean Up Green Up campaign which runs the entire month of April.
Over 130 people from the community helped on a cold/cloudy/drizzly day to clean up Downtown. We made an impact with a variety of deep-cleaning and landscaping projects that went beyond the regular maintenance performed Downtown. Breakfast, lunch, and t-shirts were provided for our energetic group which encompassed people of all ages!
- Volunteer Crew Leaders provided by Gears
- Andrew, Austin, Collin, Danny, Matt, Max, and Oomar along with their guests Kai, Zoe, Stacie, Marci and Benjamin
- Eagles Nest at Longmont Estates Elementary School
- Karen, Kathleen, Kristel, Hayes, Rylen, Chris, Erin, Chace, Lauri, Tiffany, Bridget, Kelly, Jocelyn, Dorian, Donald and Amanda
- Giggling Gaggle Red Hats
- Joyce, Donna, Joanne, Susanne and Lori
- Girl Scout Troops 73913 and 74447
- Kara, Jeff, Lisa, Amy, Emma, Mikayla, Lara, Kate, Maddy, Shana, Luke, Macy and Elisia
- Home Depot
- Cheryl, Misty, Becca, Willis, Sadi and Troy
- Heather, Kim, Victor, Chantalle, Kevin and Corey
- Litter Loathers
- Karen, Ariel, Abby and Kate
- Longmont Social Meetup Group
- Kendra, Cheryl, Rebecca, Keith, Kathy, Maureen, David, Alex and Teresa
- Montage Academy Student Council
- Maggie, Cassidy, Josianne and Jaime
- Security Service Federal Credit Union
- Donnie, Elizabeth, Bruce, Donna, Laura and Mike
- Twin Peaks Rotary Club
- Shawn Lewis, Dennis Gordon, Mike McDonough, Dietra Porter, Kirsten and Logan Pellicer, Carlo Giordano, Bill Chella, Gretchen and Amanda Dixon, Wendi Nafziger and Frank and Brittany Oliver
- Village Place Spruce Up Gang
- Bill, Camilla, Barbara, Janet, Ron, John and Betty
- VolkBell Team
- Cindy, Kathleen, Clair, Tina, Alex, Logan, Amy and Andy
- Keith and Lacy Bearden
- Diana Brooks
- John Coe
- Brydon Cooke and La Rissa Felt
- Lili Goad
- Alan Hancock
- Jongli Jaing & Lanzhong Wang
- Aislin Jeske
- Cheryl Johnson
- Steve, Amy, and Ian Lane
- Sarah Levison (Longmont City Council)
- Matt, Elizabeth, and Callie Meyers
- Shao Min
- Mauda, Harlow and Nessa Moran
- Nancy Rezac - Visit Longmont
- Doug Ward
136 volunteers provided 550 hours of service to help us clean up the following areas.
- Main St.
- 7 public parking lots
- 6 Breezeways and 6 alleyways
- St. Stephen's and 6th Ave. Plazas
- Kimbark, Coffman and Terry Streets
- The Village Place Homes
- Overall, over 15 downtown blocks received a little extra TLC
- installing 25 new plants and mulch at St. Stephen's Plaza at 5th Ave. and Main St. (previously home to overgrown/dying juniper bushes)
- filling over 130 trash bags and two trailers with curb/gutter leaves
- laying new mulch in most of the east side parking lot landscaping areas emptying three trailers and one dump truck
- cleaning up debris, leaves, weeds and trash
- cleaning shared trash enclosures on east side alleys
- picking up 100s of cigarette butts
- cleaning benches, trash cans, kiosks, tables, bike racks, magazine bins, and chairs on Main St.
- sweeping the three new east alleys
- sweeping up debris at crosswalks and curb/gutters
2014 Clean & Green Photos by Debbie Adams
2013 Clean & Green video from the Times-Call
History of Clean and Green
The LDDA along with support from the City of Longmont Public Works and Natural Resources Department select downtown areas for clean-up including breezeways, alleys, around buildings, and other structures downtown. Additionally, the LDDA reviews a Creative District Report provided by Arts Longmont. The report was generated by the Placemaking Committee and included a “wish list” of areas around downtown that could use extra care to look vibrant and beautiful again.
For more information about this event, call Del Rae Heiser at 303-651-8586 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.