Saturday, April 18th, 2015
8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
528 Main St., Longmont
The LDDA will hold its annual Downtown Longmont Clean & Green event on Saturday, April 18th as part of the city-wide Clean Up Green Up campaign which runs the entire month of April.
The LDDA’s goal is to engage the community in helping make Downtown a clean and safe place for all to visit! We make an impact with a variety of deep-cleaning projects that go beyond the regular maintenance cleaning performed Downtown. Breakfast, refreshments, lunch, and t-shirts provided for all volunteers. Volunteers help us accomplish our goals and we sincerely appreciate their time and efforts!
Many opportunities exist to sponsor this event. Please review our Sponsorship sheet. We would appreciate your support!
- Special landscaping project at St. Stephen's Plaza
To Sign Up
Click on image to view 2014 photos courtesy of Debbie Adams Photography. View video by Longmont Channel. Thank you for capturing our event!
Thank you to all the volunteers!
- Boulder County Workforce - Fast Track
- Eagles Nest at Longmont Estates Elementary School
- Flatirons Young Marines
- Gateway Montessori School
- Gears Inc.
- Home Depot
- Longmont Police Explorers
- Longs Peak United Methodist Church
- Twin Peaks Rotary Club
- Venture Success!
- Village Place Spruce Up Gang
- VolkBell Team
- Lili Goad
- Debbie Graham
- Walter Janz
- Deborah Lamb
- Paul and Summer Lee
- Sarah Levison
- Shao Min
- Debbie, Ashley, and Kiana Montoya
- "Baldy" Ranson
Over 160 volunteers provided 600 hours of service to help us clean up the following areas.
- Main St.
- 7 public parking lots
- Breezeways and alleyways
- St. Stephen's and 6th Ave. Plazas
- Kimbark, Coffman and Terry Streets
- The Village Place Homes
- installing 400 SF of new sod and over 30 plants at the 500 east parking lot entrance where previously overgrown juniper bushes used to be
- filling over 100 trash bags and using more paper bags for leaves
- laying new mulch in most of the east side parking lot landscaping areas emptying three trailers and two dump trucks
- cleaning up debris, leaves, and trash
- cleaning shared trash enclosures
- pulling weeds
- picking up 100s of cigarette butts
- doing a cigarette scan for a Cigarette Litter Grant the LDDA will receive from Keep America Beautiful
- cleaning benches, trash cans, kiosks, tables, bike racks, magazine bins, and chairs on Main St.
- sweeping the three new east alleys and then machine sweeping to remove the built up winter gravel and debris
- sweeping up debris at crosswalks and curb/gutters
View a 2013 video from the Times-Call.
History of Clean and Green
The LDDA along with support from the City of Longmont Public Works and Natural Resources Department select downtown areas for clean-up including breezeways, alleys, around buildings, and other structures downtown. Additionally, the LDDA reviews a Creative District Report provided by Arts Longmont. The report was generated by the Placemaking Committee and included a “wish list” of areas around downtown that could use extra care to look vibrant and beautiful again.
For more information about this event, call Del Rae Heiser at 303-651-8586 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.