The Spoke on Coffman
The Spoke on Coffman, a public-private partnership between Boulder County, the Boulder County Housing Authority (BCHA), and the Longmont Downtown Development Authority (LDDA), is a mixed-use neighborhood of affordable homes planned for 518 Coffman Street in downtown Longmont.
View Sept. 14, 2020 Press Release from Boulder County
Project timeframe: Aug. 2020 - 2021/2022 (expected to last 18 months)
Construction Company: Pinkard Construction
Construction impacts include heavy equipment traffic and loud equipment noise.
September 2020 construction Information
- Demolition of structures, surface lots and other concrete structures.
- Removal of waste/moving dirt.
- Water line work on 500 block of Coffman St. and the 500 W alley between Main and Coffman Streets.
- Other utility work.
- Drilling work to establish footers for crane and garage.
- Expect jack hammering and large equipment breaking ground during this time.
- A large construction crane will be moved into the location.
- Garage supplies deliveries.
Traffic and Parking Impacts
- The 500 E side of Coffman St. parallel parking lanes are restricted during the construction period.
- North and south bound Coffman St. traffic lanes between 5th and 6th Ave. have been shifted.
- Expect temporary Coffman St. restrictions when crews are working in the street. Flaggers will be in place to direct traffic.
- Displaced parkers have been given alternate locations for parking. If you have parking questions, contact the LDDA at (303) 651-8586.
- Construction employee parking is secured at the NE corner of 6th Ave. and Main St. This area has been fenced off to the public.