Volunteer for the Winter Walkabout Music Showcase
Thank you for your interest!
We received a wonderful response to our call for volunteers, therefore our Volunteer Signup is closed.
We appreciate the overwhelming support from the community.
We are looking for music lovin' volunteers to help at this music showcase event on Sat., Feb. 2, 2019! Please read below for all the important details, including the PERKS that come with volunteering. If this sounds like your gig, sign up today using the online form below. We'd love to have you be a part of this inaugural event!
- 12+ Music Venues
- 30+ Performances
- Food & Drink Deals
- One All-Inclusive Ticket
- Private VIP Artist After-party to hang/jam with the artists
- Event runs from 2 - 9pm
Volunteers Needed From 10:00am – 11:00pm
Various shifts will be available, based on duties and venue schedule.
Example Shift Times (approximate)
We will solidify each volunteer’s schedule the week before the event.
- 10am – 2pm (will-call ticket pickup volunteers)
- 2pm – 6:30pm (venue or greenroom volunteers)
- 2:30pm – 7pm (venue or greenroom volunteers)
- 5:30pm – 9:30pm (headline venue volunteers)
- 7:00pm – 11:00pm (greenroom and after-party volunteers)
We hope to have at least 2 volunteers per venue per shift to allow for breaks to stretch your legs, grab some food or a non-alcoholic drink, etc.
Volunteer Orientation (highly recommended)
Thursday, Jan. 31 at 5:30 p.m.
LDDA office - 528 Main St.
Receive details about exact assignment, location, shift time, important info and pick up a lanyard with credentials, t-shirt, map, schedule, etc. If you cannot attend, we will e-mail you the assignment and information, and you can pick up your volunteer credentials/materials on the day of the event.
Will vary based on your shift time, role, and which venue you’re at. Common duties may include:
- Assisting musicians with carrying equipment in and out of the venue
- Work with sound tech (if applicable) to keep show on-time and running smoothly
- Counting attendance (clicker provided)
- Checking tickets (at closed venues)
- Calling event coordinators with any issues or questions
- Briefly emcee, thank sponsors, introduce musicians on stage (if desired)
- Supervise musician lanyard/credential pickup (greenroom)
- Check credentials for greenroom and after-party access
- Relieve other volunteers for breaks, ‘float’ to other venues if needed
- You should have a chair or place to sit at pretty much every venue, so you won’t be required to stand the entire time. There may be some lifting of potentially heavy/awkward items, but we may have roles that will not require lifting.
PERKS for Volunteering with Us!
- Showcase Team t-shirt
- Volunteer Credential lanyard
- Food & Drink Deal punch card (can be redeemed for food and drink at select Showcase venues). We cannot allow volunteers to consume alcohol DURING their shift.
- Other food/drink available – water/snacks in greenroom, food & drink at after-party
- Venue & Performance Access (outside of your volunteer shift) – access to see all performances
- Greenroom & After-party access – both located at The Experience Building/La Vita Bella.
Plenty of street and public parking lot parking is available in the area. There are no time limits on the weekends, so you can park in any public parking space all day.
Thank you again for your interest and if you want to sign up, please complete the Volunteer Form at the top of this email. If you have any questions, contact Del Rae Heiser at (303) 651-8586.
Food & Drink Deals