The Longmont Downtown Development Authority (LDDA) is committed to the redevelopment and revitalization of Downtown Longmont. Past projects have included public improvements and streetscaping, public-private partnerships for Roosevelt Park Apartments and South Main Station, as well as redevelopment of the Sixth Avenue Plaza and St. Stephen’s Plaza on Main Street.
Current Development Projects include:
- Downtown Longmont has an updated Master Plan of Development.
- Downtown Alley & Breezeway Project - Beginning Spring 2012, the alleyways and breezeways on the east side of Main Street in the 300, 400 and 500 blocks were completely redone. Construction on the west side is slated to begin in 2015.
- Downtown Longmont Creative District - Longmont became a Colorado Certified Creative District in 2014. Implementation of the Creative District Plan is currently underway!
- First and Main Street (Butterball Plant) Redevelopment - this project located at the gateway of the south end of the Downtown District (1st Ave. and Main St.) will bring in new residential housing, retail, restaurant, and more! Demolition began in 2014 with Phase 1 to be completed in 2015/2016.
- First & Main Project - City of Longmont studies the Station Area at First and Main!
- Advance Longmont - The Longmont Area Economic Council and other Economic Partners are working to implement a unified Economic Development Plan for the City of Longmont.