Below are useful resources to those who make Downtown their home!
City of Longmont Resources
Longmont Public Library - 409 4th Ave.
City Civic Center - 350 Kimbark St. (Neighborhood Resources, Utility Bills, HR, City Council meetings)
Longmont Police Department - 225 Kimbark St.
When you live Downtown, you will always be notified of special events and impacts to parking and streets. We encourage you to also join our email list to receive the latest notifications about events and other happenings Downtown.
Subscribe to Email
Parking & Permits
Parking is FREE! Most of the parking spaces Downtown, whether on the street or in a public lot, have restricted hours for parking Monday - Friday between 8am and 6pm (typically 2 hours). Evenings after 6pm and weekends have no time limit restrictions. Visit the Parking page to view a Downtown parking map.
Residents may be interested in purchasing a long term parking permit to park in a designated public parking lot 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To find out more, visit the Parking page.
Downtown is a bike friendly environment and has many options to park your bike and pedal in/out of the area with ease.
- Over 60 [bike racks] exist on Main St. and the alleys and breezeways adjacent to Main St.
- Bicyles can ride in either direction on the one-way alleys on the east and west side of Main St.
- A mandatory dismount zone on Downtown Main St. sidewalks will begin Jan. 2021. Visit Biking page for details.
- The Left Hand and St. Vrain Greenways located to the south of Downtown are enjoyable bike paths. They travel from the west side of Longmont to the east, ending at the City's beautiful Sandstone Ranch facility. View City of Longmont Bike Map.
- Ride Free Longmont by RTD provides unlimited trips on Longmont’s local buses at no charge to riders.
- FLEX Express offers trips between Boulder, Longmont, Loveland and Fort Collins with WiFi while you commute.
- Via provides special transportation services to those in need that live and work in Downtown Longmont.
Lyft and Uber also serve the Longmont area.
Colorado CarShare has a location Downtown where you can access one of their fleet cars. It's a great way to live car-lite or car free.