The Longmont Downtown Development Authority (LDDA) is committed to the redevelopment and revitalization of Downtown Longmont. Past projects have included public improvements and streetscaping, public-private partnerships for Roosevelt Park Apartments and South Main Station, as well as redevelopment of the Sixth Avenue Plaza and St. Stephen’s Plaza on Main Street.
Current Development Projects
- The Spoke on Coffman - A public-private partnership between Boulder County, the Boulder County Housing Authority (BCHA), and the Longmont Downtown Development Authority (LDDA). Located at 518 Coffman, The Spoke is a mixed-use neighborhood featuring 73 permanently-affordable rental homes, 60 parking spaces, and commercial space. View project construction and information page.
- Longmont Creative District - Longmont became a Colorado Certified Creative District in 2014. Implementation of the Creative District Plan is currently underway!
- South Main Station (Butterball Plant) Redevelopment - this project located at the gateway of the south end of the Downtown District (1st Ave. and Main St.) brings in new residential housing, retail, restaurant, and more! Demolition began in 2017 with Phase 1 completed in 2019.
- First & Main Project - City of Longmont studies the Station Area at First and Main!
- Advance Longmont - The Longmont Area Economic Council and other Economic Partners are working to implement a unified Economic Development Plan for the City of Longmont.
Past Development Projects
- Downtown Longmont has an updated Master Plan of Development.
- Downtown Alley & Breezeway Project - Beginning Spring 2012 and completed in 2016, the alleyways and breezeways on the east and west side of Main Street in the 300, 400 and 500 blocks were completely redone.
Clean and Safe - Stemming from a 2018 Keep America Beautiful Cigarette Litter Prevention Program grant the LDDA received to clean up cigarette butt waste Downtown, City Council elected in July, 2019 to expand the City's Smoke-Free Zone to Downtown. Main St., breezeways, and the corners are now in a smoke and vapor free zone.