The Spoke on Coffman
The Spoke on Coffman, a public-private partnership between Boulder County, the Boulder County Housing Authority (BCHA), and the Longmont Downtown Development Authority (LDDA), is a mixed-use neighborhood of affordable homes planned for 518 Coffman Street in Downtown Longmont.
View Sept. 14, 2020 Press Release from Boulder County
Project timeframe: Aug. 2020 - 2021/2022 (expected to last 18 months)
Construction Company: Pinkard Construction
Construction impacts include heavy equipment traffic and loud equipment noise.
November 2020 construction Information
- Water line work on 500 block of Coffman St.
- Other utility work in 500 W alley (gas).
- Drilling work to establish footers for residential building.
- Expanding N construction fencing into 600 W parking lot.
- S row won't be available for remainder of project (through 2021).
- N row temporarily restriped for straight in parking.
- 140' crane designed to weather vane/shift so at times it may overhang Main St. or the county HUB building.
Traffic and Parking Impacts
- The 500 E side of Coffman St. parallel parking lanes are restricted during the construction period.
- North and south bound Coffman St. traffic lanes between 5th and 6th Ave. have been shifted.
- Expect temporary Coffman St. restrictions when crews are working in the street. Flaggers will be in place to direct traffic.
- Displaced parkers have been given alternate locations for parking. If you have parking questions, contact the LDDA at (303) 651-8586.
- Construction employee parking is secured at the NE corner of 6th Ave. and Main St. This area has been fenced off to the public.
- The S row in the 600 W parking lot (Coffman St./6th Ave.) will be restricted starting in November 2020 through end of project.