The Spoke on Coffman
The Spoke on Coffman, a public-private partnership between Boulder County, the Boulder County Housing Authority (BCHA), and the Longmont Downtown Development Authority (LDDA), is a mixed-use neighborhood of affordable homes planned for 518 Coffman Street in Downtown Longmont.
View Sept. 14, 2020 Press Release from Boulder County
Project timeframe: Aug. 2020 - 2021/2022 (expected to last 18 months)
Construction Company: Pinkard Construction
Construction impacts include heavy equipment traffic and loud equipment noise.
February 2021 construction information
- Garage concrete pours and vertical construction begins.
- Water line work on Coffman St. near the midblock.
- One way traffic through the work zone.
- Flaggers will direct traffic around the area.
- 140' crane designed to weather vane/shift so at times it may overhang Main St. or the county HUB building.
Traffic and Parking Impacts During Construction
- The 500 E side of Coffman St. parallel parking lanes are restricted.
- The south parking row in the 600 W parking lot at Coffman St. and 6th Ave. is restricted.
- North and south bound Coffman St. traffic lanes between 5th and 6th Ave. have been shifted.
- Expect temporary Coffman St. restrictions when crews are working in the street. Flaggers will be in place to direct traffic.
- Displaced parkers have been given alternate locations for parking. If you have parking questions, contact the LDDA at (303) 651-8586.
- Construction employee parking is secured at the NE corner of 6th Ave. and Main St. This area has been fenced off to the public.