Release Date: April 28, 2020
Downtown #Strongmont Business of the Day - Experimax
Downtown #Strongmont Business of the Day - Experimax at 436 Main St.
Experimax joined Downtown Longmont in 2018 specializing in sales and repair of certified pre-owned Apple® computer devices, other computers, laptops, phones, tablets and more! Besides exceptional service, they provide the Apple stuff you love at a price that you'll love even more. They also repair everything Apple. If your computer or device is out-of-warranty, or even considered "vintage," they can help you. They are your one-stop shop for all things Apple and are committed to making you a customer for life! They invite you to visit their website, and follow them on Facebook and Instagram.
Q & A with Andrew and Diana Zimmerman, Owners
Q: Why we decided to open in Downtown Longmont.
A: Selecting a location for our Experimax franchise was not an easy task. Real estate availability, lease negotiations, and strategic location all play into the equation. When we initially considered 436 Main St, we did not think that it had enough visibility, so we focused on another location. When that proved to be too expensive, we revisited 436 Main St. and we are VERY glad that we did. This location has proved to be ideal for our business. With lots of foot traffic, ample parking, wonderful neighbors, and the awesome vibe of Downtown Longmont, we couldn’t be happier with this.
Q: How can your customers make Experimax their own favorite place, and how can they take ownership of supporting you during this time?
A: When the stay-at-home order was announced, IT support businesses like Experimax were deemed “essential” in that we provide technology products and services that the community is reliant upon more than ever – with folks having to work from home and students completing studies online, having the necessary technology that also performs well has never been so critical – we ourselves have two sons that are home from college completing their semesters. It’s not easy. That being said, we’ve taken the Stop the Spread strategies very seriously, and implemented temporary procedures to keep staff and customers safe, as follows:
- Facemasks are REQUIRED for entry!
- We do not allow more than 3 customers in the store at any time
- All inventory is stored and is displayed only on a request basis for sales
- Customers with repairs need to utilize our sanitization station before we can perform required services
- All common services/door handles etc. are sanitized after each customer exits
- Our 1:1 hour with a Tech offering is now being offered via Zoom
- Pickup/delivery is being offered within the city limits of Longmont
- Special hours of operation to limit exposure during the stay-at-home order
- We encourage the community to call us with any questions. We are here to help! There’s a lot we can accomplish over the phone to perhaps save you a trip, or make it more worthwhile. We provide a wide range of products and services, and there’s no such thing as a dumb question! We buy, sell, trade, upgrade, and repair just about any technology device – including most Apple devices, desktop and laptop PC’s (HP, Dell, Lenovo, Asus, etc.), Android phones and tablets (special parts ordering required). We have an iFix It Certified Master Technician as our Lead, and our quality assurance processes are strictly in place.
We appreciate the Longmont community and especially the Historic Downtown Longmont family. We are your PARTNERS IN TECHNOLOGY!
During the Stay-at-Home order, we'll be featuring a different Downtown Longmont business each day. These small businesses are the heartbeat of our community and are a big reason why this is such a great place to live, work, and play. This is a difficult time for everyone, and small businesses and their owners and employees are no exception.
There are many ways you can support them during this time, from liking, following, and sharing their content on social media, to making online or over-the-phone purchases of products or gift cards. We've created a LOCAL Incentive Program that rewards customers with Downtown Longmont Gift Cards for supporting small businesses directly.